Deadline to apply: As soon as possible
Tasks will include (not exhaustive):
The routine operations phase
- Ensure proper in-flight operations for the Meteosat spacecraft and provide on-call service this includes:
- Perform Mission Planning checks, monitoring the daily operations in the on- call period as necessary.
- Check and report at the weekly meeting about health and performance of the assigned subsystems using all available analysis tools (including PARDET, TM Propagator and CHART) and about the content of the S/C Manufacturer weekly report.
- Contribute to the resolution of the in-orbit S/C anomaly investigation as required.
- Provide Expertise on and perform Operations for all S/C subsystems including associated interactions with other teams inside and outside EUMETSAT as instructed by the SOM (e.g. IMPF, MPEF, FDS, DADF etc. and also RAL, IC for GERB operations and COSPAS-SARSAT for S&R)
- Participate in the activities related to the S/C Routine Support Service provided by the satellite manufacturer for the Spacecraft routine operations.
- Provide day to day support for the usage of the Meteosat Central Operations Facility (MSG CF and MTG MOF), the satellite simulator (initially BMOTT and later MSGSIM for MSG and SATSIM for MTG) and in house Analysis and Reporting tools (Pardet, TM Propagator and CHART etc.). Raise Anomaly Reports and contribute to Anomaly resolution as relevant.
- Provide assistance on use of CF APEX procedure configuration tracking and validation tools/software (including FOP tool kit setup).
- Contribute for the technical aspects of the MSG SIM development and maintenance
- Contribute to the finalization and validation of the Meteosat re-orbiting and decommissioning activities and of the Technology Tests including liaison with Flight Dynamics and other S/S or facility experts.
- Contribute to the review, production and maintenance of the operational guides and documents (including SOE Guide, COG etc.)
- Production and maintenance of the operational baseline including end to end preparation of new Manual Procedures, Automated Procedures, Special Operation Instructions, TMTC / Events / display as well related DUs for MSG and other OSDs for MTG (e.g. TPF/APF).
The operations preparation phase
- Contribute to the space segment and system reviews as required by the SOM.
- Ensure proper MTG Operations preparation for the MTG spacecraft, interfacing with other MTG teams (e.g. System, Mission Operations Facility). This includes:
- Review the Operational deliverables provided by industry (e.g. FOM, FOM procedures, TM/TC MIB Files) and contribute to their acceptance by EUMETSAT.
- Ensure the production, verification and validation of the operational data units (DUs), including Manual and automated procedures, TM/TC Database and operational documentation in view of MTG main Operations preparation milestones, including the various System Validation Tests (SVTs),
- Contribute to SATSIM tool development and use, in particular related to its use for the Verification & Validation activities at EUM.
- Contribute to the operations preparation at system level as relevant, in particular the preparation and execution of the Operational validation campaign and rehearsals in view of demonstrating the Operational Readiness before Launch.
- Contribute to the SVT preparation activities, including delivering main documentation (e.g. SVT Plan, SVT test specifications, SVT procedures, TRR and TRB data package), as well as to the SVT execution.
- Contribute to the integration activities of the MTG Satellite Control chain driven by the Ground Segment, developing technical expertise of the facilities supporting the satellite operations (including SATSIM, the OPS PREP tools of MOF, e.g. TM/TC editor).
- Contribute to the definition and validation of the MOF functionalities and I/F aspects with the MTG system team in the role of user.
- Contribute to the MTG LEOP preparation and I/F aspects with the MTG system team
- Contribute to the definition and follow-up of the development of engineering Off-Line tools (MME-MON), including the Spacecraft Analysis and Reporting functions (e.g. CHART).
- Contribute to the production and maintenance of the [PUSUSE] and of the [SOCD] I/F documents. as well as additional required documentation to support the development, testing and validation of the system
- Contribute to the definition, production and maintenance of the Procedures Production Rules, Naming Convention, System Operations File, SATCOG, Analyst Operations Guide and Analysis and Reporting Operations Guide.
- Contribute to the design, development and delivery of the Operations training, mainly at Satellite level
In addition to having a University degree (or equivalent in experience) in a relevant discipline, the full team shall have a well-balanced and distributed experience in all following mandatory skills and each of the key persons shall have experience in at least two of these mandatory skills:
- Experience of Spacecraft Operations preferably on Geostationary Earth Orbit (GEO), spinning and/or 3-axis stabilized spacecraft with responsibility for one or more platform subsystems or instruments during operational validation, LEOP, commissioning or routine operations phases;
- Experience of Spacecraft Operations Preparation preferably on Geostationary Earth Orbit (GEO), with responsibility on development and validation of operational baseline ( procedures, database etc.) including validation tools (e.g. S/C simulator) and ground segment M&C facilities;
- Experience in satellite performance monitoring and reporting aspects including anomaly analysis and solving in liaison with satellite industry, procedure change control and configuration management processes;
- Experience in the operation or development of satellite ground segment facilities, in particular procedure development, monitor and control, mission planning, on-board software management, performance analysis, configuration management and simulator facilities.
Additional skills (considering as an added value):
- Experience of MSG CF and of SCOS 2000 mission control systems and use of the APEX operations procedures preparation and execution tool;
- Proven experience in the phases of LEOP and commissioning.
- Specification of space system and operational concepts, facility requirements;
- Familiarity with On-Board Control Procedure concepts;
- Familiarity with the ECSS Packet Utilisation Standard, customisation and usage;
- Familiarity with system change control and configuration management procedures;
- Data analysis software packages and programming skills in other coding languages such as Python / Java etc.;
- Use of VBA for development of ad-hoc tools in MS Office applications.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org