Deadline to apply: As soon as possible
Our German activities are growing at a fast pace and to meet our customers’ high-level expectations and needs, we are looking for talented profiles with relevant experience in Space systems and applications.
Our subsidiary CS GmbH, located in Darmstadt, is looking for a Project Manager/Technical Leader. The activity will be performed at CS GmbH premises at Darmstadt. The key person will integrate the back-office to manage a team of software engineers ensuring the development and maintenance of space software/systems. The selected candidate will report directly to the project director of CS GmbH.
This activity includes, among others, the following tasks:
- Management of the project team
- Follow-up of activities and anticipate needs
- Reporting to the team and management
- Monthly accounting & reporting to the management
- Support to technical meetings with customers
Mandatory skills & background:
You will have M.Sc. in Computer Science Engineer, Telecommunications Engineering or equivalent.
You will also be able to demonstrate at least 3 years of demonstrated hands-on experience in:
- Project Management disciplines (i.e. risk management, action control, reporting, planning);
- Development life cycle systems engineering;
You should ideally have a strong technical background in the space domain and Ground Segment software with experience in software development or maintenance in the space environment for ESA and/or EUMETSAT;
In addition you will:
- Be fully proficient in business English;
- Have a sound knowledge of related QA processes and procedures, preferably applied in space projects (ECSS);
- Have good office computing skills and hands-on experience in using the MS Office Suite;
- Have strong inter-personal and communication skills and be able to interface efficiently with both the management and technical level;
- Have the ability to conduct all activities in an orderly and disciplined manner and be able to work calmly and correctly under stress;
- Be able to draft concise management reports and executive level presentations in English and the capability and experience to fulfil the assigned support tasks with a minimum of supervision;
- Have experience of working on a collaborative and multi-disciplinary environment.
- Be organised and able to work autonomously in a challenging environment
Direct experience of project management and scheduling for space/ground segment development or operations and with the ECSS lifecycle or equivalent will be considered as an advantage;
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org