You will be based on our client’s site at the European Space Agency’s ESTEC location in Noordwijk, The Netherlands. In this large European agency, you will find an excellent and modern working environment with challenging tasks and responsibilities with the opportunity to gain exposure to various projects and missions at the heart of European space research and development.
Deadline to apply: 19th September 2021
How to Apply: email@example.com
You will work within the Copernicus Sentinel-1 Project team and will report to the Sentinel-1 Payload Manager. You will be in charge of monitoring the status of the SAR performance of the different Sentinel-1 spacecraft, in terms of prediction, assessment, analysis and computation. The responsibilities include in particular:
- supporting the industrial activities concerning the prediction, assessment, analysis and computation of the end-to-end SAR performance;
- supporting the flow-down of the end-to-end SAR performance requirements onto the Payload instrument and subsystems specification, and, in close cooperation with the Spacecraft team, the Spacecraft related subsystems specification;
- monitoring in close cooperation with the Payload team, the overall Payload instrument characterisation definition, and supporting the monitoring of the subsystem and component characterisation as required – monitoring the operation of the instrument simulator, ensuring that the performance is appropriate to fulfil the SAR instrument verification as required, and support any additional definition, development and verification;
- supporting the Payload team, in his/her area of expertise, on the definition of the Payload Assembly, Integration, Characterisation, Calibration and Verification approach;
- reviewing the project documentation as produced throughout the project lifetime in the area of instrument performance.
You will have a University (Master) degree or equivalent in Radar or Electromagnetics Engineering. In addition you will have a:
- Knowledge of SAR theory and performance parameter definitions.
- Familiarity with SAR performance analysis tools and data processing techniques is desirable.
- Practical experience in the field of Synthetic Aperture Radar Techniques and Performance computation.
- Experience relevant to the task description.
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team within the boundaries of assigned tasks and a stringent schedule
- Proficiency in the English Language (Spoken and Written)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org