You will be based on our client’s site at the European Space Agency’s ESTEC location in Noordwijk, The Netherlands. In this large European agency, you will find an excellent and modern working environment with challenging tasks and responsibilities with the opportunity to gain exposure to various projects and missions at the heart of European space research and development.
Deadline to apply: 30th September 2021
How to Apply: email@example.com
This position is supporting our client ESA at their ESTEC location in Noordwijk in the Netherlands. In this large European agency, you will find an excellent and modern working environment with challenging tasks and responsibilities with the opportunity to gain exposure to various projects and missions at the heart of European space research and development.
If you are successful in this position you are guaranteed a very competitive salary, a permanent Dutch contract, Industry leading base salary, full healthcare, pension contribution, 30 days’ vacation, annual training budget, access to the ESTEC social club membership and a relocation package if required.
Responsibilities/ Duties /Tasks
You will have the following responsibilities:
- IT management: Core software Applications development and maintenance (Financial and Data analysis domain), creation and update IT Application Documentation.
- Software Cost Engineering: Data collection, analysis and model creation for On board Software Cost Estimate.
- Performing cost estimates and elaboration of recommendations and warnings at system level for the projects.
- Attendance to preliminary study’s implementing a design to cost approach and helping the project team to identify the requirements that most impact cost and schedule.
- Attendance to preliminary design or advanced review performing independent cost estimates and make a comparison with industrial proposal.
- Attendance to TEBs supporting the financial/management panel in the assessment of the industrial proposal with respect well identified criteria, credibility of the cost and planning and coherence with respect to the statement of work.
- Maintenance and development of cost models, keeping good traceability of assumptions and calculation for the sake of the exploitability of calibration/estimates for future re-use of the cost engineering section.
- Software Engineer: software development from Requirement’s collection to code implementation (using technologies like Java, Spring Framework etc.). One of the most important Application is a Java Desktop app called CEDRE which has been refactored, improved and extended using also Technologies like Spring Framework.
- Data Base: Good knowledge of SQL and expertise with RDBMS like MySQL.
Qualifications and Skills required
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- Education in Engineering, with relevant experience;
- Excellent analytical, organisational and reporting skills, a proactive attitude to solving problems and a solid proficiency in IT tools;
- Experience with ESA systems (e.g. ESA-P, WLMS) is an asset.
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and customer focus;
- Ability to work autonomously, effectively and cooperatively in a diverse and international team environment.
An asset is to have notable skills in data science and overall statistics related topics for supporting cost models development.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org