Closing date: 31th January 2018
To strengthen our team, we are building a team of three System Engineer. One of them will also take the Service Manager duties.
This Team will provide support to the EPS-SG System in the LEO Division of our customer EUMETSAT. They will be mainly involve in the phase C/D activities.
The activities include then overall system aspects involving the space segment (satellites) and the ground segment, consisting of the data acquisition systems, monitoring and control systems,
data processing facilities and product dissemination facilities. The focus will be on Satellite and operational related aspects within the system.
– University degree in the domain of engineering, science, or equivalent;
– At least 5 years of experience in the field of engineering of space and/or ground systems;
In combination the key persons shall have the following experience:
– Experience of Satellite Monitoring and Control using ECSS PUS standards services;
– Capability to prepare system requirements and design documents, and to perform system-level analyses for complex polar satellite systems;
– Experience of requirements management using formal configuration control procedures/processes;
– Experience of writing technical requirements (preferably to ECSS standards);
– Experience of establishing and maintaining traceability between different levels of technical specifications;
– Experience of interface management and definition;
– Familiarity with mechanisms and tools for detailed interface definition;
– Demonstrated capability to prepare and manage ICD;
– Experience in system modelling;
– Experience of interface management and definition.
Additional skills (considering as an added value):
– Familiarity with the CORE design tool (from Vitech);
– Familiarity with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE);
– Experience with DOORs.
The official languages are English and French.
The working language for the position is English and therefore the key person must be able to work effectively in this language.
Good communication skills are essential for the fulfilment of the tasks requiring interaction.
The tasks and responsibilities to be undertaken will typically include the following:
Contribute to general system engineering activities:
– Analysis and trade off activities;
– Preparation and maintenance of system technical specification;
– Documentation of system design and justification;
– Ad hoc internal reviews;
– System level formal reviews;
– Ground segment level activities as required;
– Support IV&V activities.
– Ensuring that operational aspects (from operations concept etc) are adequately reflected in the system technical specifications and design;
– Provide input and support to the customisation of the Packet Utilisation Standard (PUS) specific to EPS-SG and documentation of the results;
– Provide input and support to the customisation of other satellite related ECSS standards.
– Maintain the system specification tree and baseline;
– Analyse new versions of lower level technical documents for coherence with system and incorporation into system baseline;
– Act as book captain for the System Requirements Document (SRD). Collating and analysing comments, proposed changes from internal and external reviews and making recommendations on new/updated requirements;
– Maintain the traceability of system requirements to higher and lower level specifications (using DOORs).
ICD design and maintenance
– Implementation of any changes to the system model identified in order to aid the interface documentation;
– Coordination and definition of technical interfaces with the external partners and service providers;
– Organise/hold meetings and workshops with external and major internal interface partners to establish interface details/agreements;
– Generate and maintain the system Interface Control Documents (ICD);
Maintenance of the EPS-SG system level model using the Vitech CORE modelling tool;
– Ensuring the model is up to date with any system level changes/evolution especially in the area of interfaces;
– Configuration control and documentation of the system model;
– Update of the model with respect to interfaces at system level;
– Co-ordination with the ground segment for model updates to ensure consistency between system/ground segment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org