Within the System Engineering and Projects Division of our customer, the team will provide services to the Ground Segment System Engineering Competence Area, supporting the System Engineering activities of the ground segment for existing and future missions. This includes system engineering for major evolutions of the operational ground segment, the maintenance of related system level architectural design documents and Interface Control Documents as well as supporting ground segment Integration, Verification & Validation (IV&V) activities at the level of test plan definition, test specification and test coordination.
Each key person shall have a university degree (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline relevant to the job profile together with the experience and capability to fulfil the assigned tasks with a minimum of supervision.
– Extensive experience in the analysis of systems applications and modelling;
– At least 5 years demonstrated experience in the field of systems engineering and architectural design;
– Strong background in the use of modelling and design tools in support of architectural design activities (e.g. Vitech CORE, Enterprise Architect);
– Sound knowledge of space and ground system engineering processes, and system and software life-cycles and standards;
– Experience in Model Based Systems Engineering methods, techniques and tools;
– Definition, management and traceability of requirements structure with the support of dedicated tools (e.g. DOORS);
– Experience in Integration, Verification and Validation (IV&V) of complex systems;
In addition, for the accomplishment of the listed tasks, proven knowledge and experience in the following of at least two of the following areas:
– Satellite monitoring and control systems (including Flight Dynamics and S/C Simulator aspects)
– Data processing
– Archive systems
– Ground Stations
Additional skills (considering as an added value):
– Full development cycle of large systems, from the definition of requirements to system design and testing;
– System requirements management and functional/architectural modelling, with support of tools (e.g. DOORS);
– System architectural design; experience in the use of modelling and design tools in support of it will be considered an advantage (e.g. Enterprise Architect);
– Configuration Control processes and tools;
– Familiarity with the ECSS standards;
The official languages are English and French.
The working language for the position is English and therefore the key person must be able to work effectively in this language.
Good communication skills are essential for the fulfilment of the tasks requiring interaction.
In the role of support to the maintenance and evolution activities of the operational programmes, the tasks of the Contractor shall include:
– Contribute to the maintenance, for all the operational ground systems, of a complete and consistent set of System Technical Documentation.
– Perform technical analysis of system architecture and specification evolutions or major upgrades of the operational ground systems, for interfaces coherence and compatibility check with other ongoing developments;
– Define the IV&V testing approach for major evolutions of the operational ground systems and contribute to the co-ordination of the installation, integration and verification of new systems into the Operational infrastructure;
– Contribute to the various OPS & TSS Projects and associated reviews, as required, providing System Engineering support during the design phase and contribute actively to the definition of the IV&V activities;
– Perform analysis, investigations and resolution of system level anomalies.
– Provide expert inputs to the SEP System Engineering Team Leader on all related activities as requested;
– Support the OPS regular coordination processes, including CRBs and ARBs, as requested.
In the role of services to the development of new GEO and LEO programmes, the tasks of the Contractor shall include:
– Participate to the definition of the system architecture and interfaces between the multi-mission elements and the programme specific elements of the ground system;
– In coordination with the system and interface engineers of the future ground segment, ensure that the definition and documentation of new interfaces are compatible with the methodology used in Operations; this includes the use of common templates for Interface Control Document and the use of the same tool for maintaining the interfaces data dictionary;
– Provide support to the definition of the IV&V approach for the future ground systems;
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org