– University degree (or equivalent) in a discipline relevant to the job profile.
– Experience in the operation of spacecraft control systems using SCOS-2000;
– Experience of developing and/or maintaining spacecraft mission control systems software;
– Experience in the definition and implementation of the verification and validation of spacecraft mission control systems;
– Experience with UNIX/Linux operating systems;
– Capacity to communicate effectively in English (verbally and written);
– Capacity to conduct all activities in an orderly and disciplined manner, and to work under pressure and with a minimum of supervision.
Additional skills (considering as an added value):
– Experience in the use of databases and SQL-related querying in relation to spacecraft mission control systems;
– Experience in the definition, development, integration and acceptance testing of spacecraft mission control systems;
– Experience in the operations preparation and routine operations of Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellite systems ;
– Experience of Oracle databases;
– Experience of using configuration management systems such as CVS;
– Experience of using satellite simulators;
– Familiarity with ECSS and CCSDS standards related to space-to-ground interfaces and applicable to Satellite Monitoring & Control Systems: Packet Telemetry and Telecommand standards, PUS (Packet Utilisation Standard), etc.;
– Familiarity with flight dynamics and mission planning functions and systems as applied to satellite operations
The official languages are English and French.
The working language for the position is English and therefore the key person must be able to work effectively in this language.
Good communication skills are essential for the fulfillment of the tasks requiring interaction.
The tasks assigned to the key person will be part of:
– Mission Control System Operations;
– Operational Monitoring and Reporting;
– Operational Documentation;
– Interface with other teams and partners;
– Evolutions of the Ground Segment Systems;
– Operations Build up;
– On-call support
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org