In the frame of GIMUS2, CS is the main actor in the maintenance of EUD4S2K.
GIMUS2 is the European Space Agency (ESA) Ground Infrastructure Maintenance and User Support system to be performed under the GOF9 Frame Contract for overall maintenance and user support. The goal is to perform the maintenance and upgrades on systems that are part of the ESOC infrastructure of control centers such as SCOS-2000, SIMSAT, TMTCS, etc…
EUD4S2K is the new Man Machine Interface (MMI) used for SCOS2000 as a replacement of the legacy MMI based on Ilog. This change has been done several years ago and this is the official MMI for the latest versions of SCOS2000. Currently, EUD4S2K is the standard MMI for SCOS2000. This approach is fully in line with ESOC expectations that are pushing the migration toward these new MMIs. Beyond SCOS2000, several systems belong to ESOC infrastructure are following the same path in order to have a common and consistent approach for the development of MMIs.
EUD4S2K has been developed in the perspective of solving the obsolescence issue linked with the rather old Ilog views. For this, EUD4S2K makes extensive use of relatively recent and open source technologies such as Eclipse RCP, Eclipse EMF, Java, XML, etc… The other objective of EUD4S2K is linked to the global purpose of EGOS to develop consistent MMI for all infrastructure systems. EUD (EGOS User Desktop) is the underlying framework to support MMI development for many systems such as SCOS2000 (i.e. EUD4S2K) but as well FARC, NIS, SIMSAT… EUD offers a clear separation between the front end and backend by the mechanism of adapters as illustrated below:
EUD4S2K comprises the following SCOS2000 graphical applications:
- General Desktop, including the Applications Launcher
- Log Displays: System Messages Log Display, TM Packet History Display, On-board Events History Display, TC History Display
- Monitoring Applications: Monitoring Desktop , OOL Display and Variable Packets Display
- Spacon Desktop, including displays from the old TM Spacon and TC Spacon applications
- Administration Applications: System Control Display, DB Manager, Configuration Monitor, PARC Manager and FARC Manager
- PUS displays (New)
- TM Snapshot Checker
- Test Tools (TMPI and TC Tool)- Migrated and improved (New)
Additionally, EUD4S2K provides many improvements compared to the legacy MMI based on Ilog Views, such as:
- General consistency of Look&Feel and UI operations
- Themes (user/deployer can customise font and colours)
- Several common components: filter panels (2 types: big with collapse/expand and apply/discard, small for quick filter), configuration dialogs, print dialogs
- Print preview, online context based help
- Scrolling sidebar for retrieval in log displays such as packet history, command history, events history
- Resize and detach of application tab, move/hide columns,
- Improved navigation for TMPH, TCH, System Messages via a Navigation scrollbar instead of VCR controls,
- Advanced filtering available in most of the applications ,
- Visual feedback of user privileges (view only/control mode, tooltip indicating required privilege), context menus
- Tooltips (hover over icon)
- Online help & HTML converter tool
EUD4S2K is embedding the EUD4MCSOPS application used for instance by GAIA and includes:
- ANDs/Matrix, MIMICs, GRDs, SCDs more configurable
- Auto scaling and zoom
- Plot options (stack mode)
- Min, Max, sample, delta cursor
- Some database functions moved to Mon Desktop from DB GUI.
In this frame, CS acquired strong skills and expertise in all EUD related MMI and is able to offer innovative solutions for the development of new MMI as well as for the purpose of refresh technology.
Special thanks to Jérome who wrote this article 😉